Sunday, November 18, 2007

Tis the Season!

The following are cards that I made two years ago for Christmas. Have I started Christmas 2007 yet? HA! Not quite, maybe mid December... its that whole "deadline" thing. It has to be. I wanted to put these in my blog for, uhm, posterity, or maybe to have a record of actually doing them!















With this one, I started with dark blue bazzill basics, folded over and cut with decorative scissors. I then used the Bethlehem rubber stamp on plain white cardstock, then overlaid that with a piece of vellum with the word Peace stamped on it. Next came the silver eyelets and silver cord. Of course I finished it off with a plain white paper insert for the greeting.


This one, is again, on dark blue bazzill basics (I think I was having a dark blue year!) The dove was embossed with gold pearl embossing power, then I embossed, in black, the word "Peace" over that. The whole thing was matted on shiny silver paper, then the same blue. The proverbial silver eyelets and silver cord, then the plain white copy paper insert.















This last one is the same sort of design as the first one, except I used gold foil paper, gold eyelets, gold edged white ribbon. The card stock I used was cream colored and I embossed the tree, in pearl gold, on cream colored shimmer paper.

I might have to dig those stamps out again this year!

No comments: