Monday, January 28, 2008

The borders are on!

Here is the fun little quilt I've been working on with the borders attachedAnd now its all pinned together to begin the quilting process.I realized that trying to put three layers of quilt together by myself, while being picky as, is not the easiest thing in the world. It took me about 3 hours to get it to this point. Next time I'll ask for help! The back has three panels, the yellow with the hearts in the middle, then the green with the safety pins on either side... I can't possibly make things easy on myself! That's why I had so much trouble pinning it together. All the seams on the front AND back had to match up so when I go to quilt it it won't look wonky. Janelle suggested that next time I decide to make the back as complicated as the front, I should probably plan it a little better! yeah yeah... I told her to just expect me to do things the hard way from now on, that way neither of us will be surprised!

This will be my next project, and I'll probably use lots of rich dark greens, browns and blacks, its going to be gorgeous! However, I'll probably go light on the back for this one since the front is going to be really complicated. I'm actually looking forward to it. Perhaps its just being hopeful!



No comments: